What is TruePix™?
Exclusively available on R2Sonic sonars, TruePix™ is a combination of a Range-Time-Series (like Side Scan) with angular information for each time slice (like Snippets). Unlike Snippets, where each beam returns information anchored around the Bottom Detect Window, TruePix™ can report multiple targets per beam at different ranges. TruePix™ is independent of the Bottom Detect and can accurately report information from the water column (amplitude, range and angle) in multiple range bins (Figure 1).
TruePix™ records any return from the water column, not limited by the bottom detect reference, and the volume of data with TruePix™ is 128 times smaller than with the traditional water column. A survey requiring Water Column recording of vertical point targets can record TruePix™ at 25 MB per minute of disk space instead of 2000 MB per minute, saving hours of post-processing.
- It provides water column and backscatter data
- It is independent of the bottom detect process
- It returns a small volume of data since each data point is independent of one another
- It rejects the majority of external noises
In addition, TruePix™ delivers 4 types of data products, allowing users to leverage it in a wide variety of applications:
- Water Column Recording for Target Detection:
- Figure 2 shows three examples of how TruePix™ dots detect the same features as Raw Water Column but at 1/128th the data rate
- TruePix™ Dots as Bathymetry Points:
- Figure 3 is a plot of TruePix™ Dots as 3D points rather than Beams or Soundings.
- Backscatter Mosaic:
- Figure 4 compares FM Geocoder Snippets mosaic results to SonarWiz TruePix™ mosaic
- SideScan Waterfall:
- Figure 5 illustrates how TruePix™ can be plotted like traditional Sidescan data to do object detection.
Not only does TruePix™ unlock easy access to water column data by making it accessible with a reduced volume of data, it also provides side scan imagery and high quality bathymetry and backscatter data.